Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Celebrating good souls day - every day





I explained my daughter why I didn’t wished her an amazing “International women’s day”, Why I think this day shouldn’t be celebrated. The fact that such day exists represents a threat and gives strength to the very forces we try to annihilate.

I tell my daughter every single day that I love her... and I want to believe that the majority of us are trying to create a better world by having the best attitude to one another, and hope that this is passed on contaminating every single human... its so difficult to keep believing... I know!

Why do we need such a day as the “International Woman’s day”, there’s nothing good behind it! Or Am I missing something?

Morgan Freeman once said that he doesn’t want “The Month of Black History”, and I get that... He also said if you want to fight racism stop talking about those things... we will still teach History, in schools (the history of all colours) but we don’t have to celebrate them...

Woman deserved to be celebrated every day as well as plants, dogs, cats, turtles and man...


PS - I though it's appropriated to comeback to this space of debate with such a post, it's a huge responsibility on the first one after almost 10 years of silence... Thanks Vanessa and Catarina for bringing us back!


Faun, the feminist   

2 Comments:

Blogger Terra cósmica vermelha said...

Bem dito.... é um dia que não faço grande fervor dele, pois acredito que todos os dias são dias dos Homens, Natureza.... os dias da Humanidade...os dias de celebrar a vida seja ela em que forma e formato.... estes dias que se criam foram criados com um propósito até com bom fundo mas que rapidamente se transformaram em dias para o consumismo.
São dias como o das mulheres que me faz pensar que se calhar somos diferentes de Putin, ora ele diz um dia por ano em que se pode usar de violência sem se ser condenado... mas com o dia das mulheres ou o dia do homem ou o dia do diabo a quatro, podera levar a pensar que quer dizer que nesse dia específico e o único dia em que não se usa violência?! Sendo o resto do ano de livre arbítrio?! Por isso que nao se célebre um dia mas sim todos os dias....

Welcome back my friend!!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Ana de Amsterdam said...

A mim parece-me deveras triste que se tenha de celebrar, mediatizar o dia da mulher.
Para mim é lamentável que em 2017, pleno seculo 21, a mulher seja tão descriminada em áreas tão diversas. Que lhe seja exigido tanto e que lhe ofereçam tão pouco.
É triste...para mim é um dia triste.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home